…using nature to improve lives
We use the full bounty of nature to provide us with inspiring and creative activities. Our activities are based around the seasons of the year – so there is always something different to do and create.
Each day is varied, and can include
- physical tasks such as conservation work, forestry or gardening;
- cooking activities using fruit and vegetables from the kitchen garden, or wild foods from the estate;
- wildlife watching and monitoring, from badgers through to worms – it is all fascinating!
- artistic crafts such as making decorative items from natural materials;
- heritage countryside crafts such as coppicing or hedgelaying;
- construction crafts such as making bird and hedgehog boxes, or boxes for our food box scheme;
- stories, photography, painting…. and so much more!